Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Let's move forward and bring her home..."

is all I remember reading today. I had my third grade class in my room at the time. It was almost 9 o'clock and we were glazing our pinch pots and cleaning up...when I checked my phone and email. Thank goodness for my iphone! I would have gone all day without knowing as our SW is pretty good at returning emails first thing in the morning. I couldn't believe what I was reading...I walked back into my storage room for a second to gather myself because the tears were flowing and I didn't want the kids to see me! Well, they did and were concerned something was wrong. They are so sweet....I called Ted to share the news. I had to repeat it two times to him! He didn't believe me either!!!! By this time, the kids knew and were very happy and had lots of questions.

So, I called Kerri and asked her to come over to read the email. Well, because...I still did not believe it. She looked at me and said, "I think you have a daughter!" I didn't want to wait to tell Stinker Doodle. So, she went and got him and he looked at me with the biggest eyes I have ever seen and just hugged me! He didn't say a word....then he lost his pants from jumping up and down so much with excitement!!! He went back to his class and announced he was a BIG BROTHER!!!!!!

At lunch, I called our Social Worker....because, I still didn't believe it! She confirmed it. YEAH!!!!!!

It was really hard to work the rest of the day because we needed to come home and tell our families. We had not said anything to them for fear of the biggest let down in the world. We didn't want everyone to get their hopes up.....like we had done for the past week. I called my Mom, texted my brother and sister and Ted went to see his Mom to share the news. The family seems very excited about this little girl coming home. I think they were all expecting a baby...not a three year old!

We went out for chinese food to celebrate our great news. Ted and I talked about why today to get this news...Ted did say we would get the news today. Well, it was two years ago that Mickey, Ted's Step-Dad passed away. Mickey is looking over us.....

0 comments: