Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Tummy Hurts!

Taken with Daddy's iphone...my sick baby!


At 3 AM this morning, the Mermaid woke up crying. Went to see her, said she needed to Potty. An hour later, awake and crying again. Daddy comes in with her and she is burning up! 102 degree temp and my "tummy hurts". We gave her some Motrin and she fell back asleep around 5 AM. I laid there with her and she wouldn't let me console her and she kept rolling around and laying in the fetal position. When she woke up at 8 AM, I called the Peds Doctor. She still had a 102 Temp and I took her in. She cried the entire time in the waiting room and in the exam room. The Doctor wanted her CBC count...so , now her finger hurt from getting poked! He sent us to the ER for a chest x-ray because he felt she has developed Pneumonia. Now, the day before we were in the Peds office and the doctor said she sounded fine. 12 hours later, we are in the ER. UGGHHH!!!!!!! So, they took her temp...104 degrees now. We have now been admitted into the ER and will be there the rest of the day because we will need a chest x-ray, blood drawn, an IV/magic button inserted into the arm and an ultrasound of her belly area. Diagnosis....Pneumonitis. The start of Pneumonia. We are sent home with a prescription for antibiotics. Home at 5 PM.


Long day. Stressful, too! She was a very good patient. She got stickers and a teddy bear at the hospital. We spent Sunday in our pajammas all day. She takes her medicine very well...she says it is yummy. The Pirate says it is gross!!!! He used to spit it at me....


Update: The Mermaid is better. I'm not. We got the bill yesterday...3 grand!!!!!! Thank goodness we have insurance.


0 comments: