Friday, June 19, 2009

Dear Mermaid,

June 2008
June 2009


June 19, 2008...the day your life changed and so did ours. The day we laid our eyes on you, held you and cried with you for the first time. Wow! Daddy and I were so scared and I am sure you were too! I think back on that day and realize that this was meant to be...you were meant to be part of our family. Your Forever Family. We love having you as a daughter, sister, granddaughter and niece. You have made our family complete and we are so happy that you have come to love us as much as we love you!

You have changed many things in your life this year. Your address, your country, your name, your HAIR, your language , your own room, school, a brother, a dog and all the food( NOT Chinese!) you love WAY to much to eat! You have gained 10 pounds and have grown almost 4 inches! You are growing up so fast. Which makes me think....

about your BirthMom and how much she must miss you. At times this year, I have been very sad. Sad because, I missed out on the first 3 1/2 years of your life. But then I think, how blessed I am to be able to share the rest of my life and yours for as long as I am here on earth. I know your BirthMom loved you..she would be so proud of you.

You make me laugh and you're such a stinker! You are beautiful and stubborn. I would not change a single thing about you..I love you just the way you are!

I am so very proud of everything you have become.

Thank you...
for letting ME be your Mommy.
XOXO

4 comments:

mommy of 2 said...

Oh, Mommy Doodle! What a beautiful letter to your DAUGHTER!! You all have come a LOOOONG way this year! I'm so happy to have been a part of it all. From the Skype-ing along with the Pirate when you all were in China to seeing the three of you (minus Daddy!) at school everyday, hanging out with our two families of 4 on the weekends. What a blessing the Mermaid is to us all! Is was made to be part of your family - I know God had that as part of his ultimate plan for her and you. Remember, "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." James 1:15. We love you all too!
Auntie Kerri & fam...

tricia said...

What a beautiful letter. I can't believe it has been a year but at the same time, it feels like she's always been with you! I remember when you first saw her picture. It just felt right, didn't it? No one ever said it would be easy, by she has blossomed and so have you! You are a great family and I hope to see you when I visit in July. :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful letter...I hope that Delaney knows how lucky she is to have a family like yours...she is loved very much...and such a sweet little girl that came into our lives...We love you Delaney....NaNa, PopPop and Puddles

Jaime said...

That was a wonderful letter! It made me cry and smile all at the same time. I can't believe that it has been a year already. You are truly blessed and I am so glad that we are friends. I know that our families will be spending lots of time together and I am so glad that The Princess and The Mermaid are going to be such great friends for the rest of there lives. We love you guys and can't wait to to more stuff together with our families.
Jaime