Thursday, May 1, 2008

We got the call!

At 1:14 pm, Ted got "the call". We have been waiting 78 days for this call...but who's counting? Our LOA was received at the headquarters in Illinois. This Letter of Acceptance (LOA) is the letter that states China has officially reviewed your dossier and they want you to either accept or decline the invitation to adopt. DUH.....we ACCEPT! The papers will come tomorrow, we will sign and make copies and then overnight them to Illinois. They will send them to China for the CCAA to approve our TA (travel acceptance/arrangements). This letter states the reason for our trip to China and is needed to enter the country. This process takes between 2 and 4 weeks. Then we set a consulate appointment, buy airplane tickets and then, pack! We could be in China in 5 weeks!!!! We are so excited!
Couldn't understand why Ted showed up at school today....I kept looking at him, saw him with the flowers in his hand and realized what was going on. It was very sweet....
I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight...I hope I can. I want to have sweet dreams of the Mermaid!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now the count down begins- we thought that was forever the next 5 or so weeks will feel like an eternity until you can go get the little mermaid and bring her home to all of us!!!! It is so exciting!!!!I am going to be an Aunt again!!!!! Yippee
Love Aunt Staci

tricia said...

LOA BABY! I was hoping you would post this tonight. The next 5 weeks will be so busy. It's the nature of adoption...hurry up and WAIT! You can do it. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help out.

See ya tomorrow.
~T

Anonymous said...

It's about time!!!!! We are sooo excited.....I can't imagine how you guys feel.....Luv you all, NaNa and PopPop

Anonymous said...

LOA Hurray! Yes, I was wondering what your DH was doing at school too! Hurray for overnight mail! Hurray for adoption! Hurray for the Mermaid!
--Kerri