Thursday, June 19, 2008

The first moments

Ying Ying was extremely upset and pushed us away when the director and nanny left. Which was great! (It means she was attached to them and will attach again). She knew what was going on and was happy about having a new family. But, wasn't ready to say goodbye. I picked her up and she reached for her Daddy. He sat with her for about 20 minutes before she calmed down. The director gave us a book on Chengde and a beautiful fan. I was also given a necklace with a pendant. It was left with Ying Ying. We have camera full of pictures and a photo album that has all the kids and staff at the SWI. So, we had a very eventful and emotional (for all of us) exchange!

She got our package. She says she likes Twilighter, the dog.We have had a very busy day keeping up with her. She is a ball of energy, silly and a very happy, SMART child. She looks at us and waves her hand and says "NO!" already. She is wearing her princess nightgown and is down for the night next to her Daddy. You can't see her because she has her blanket completely covering her...sound familiar???By the way, she likes clothes!!!!


This is how she fell asleep earlier today.
*Please leave a comment for Ted and Darolyn. I am emailing the comments to them every day! They will really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!*

8 comments:

Donald E. Reynolds said...

She is a beautiful child. But, is it me... or does she already look a little like Ted?

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh! What a beauty!!! I'm such an emotional push over...tears of excitement for you guys are flowing! You all are fortunate to have found each other...congratulations...safe travels and wonderful adventures
Brigid and Sam Schultz

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing from God. He had a plan for Delaney and all of you all the time. (you didn't even know it) Tears will stop flowing soon I know but for now these pictures bring back such memories for me. Tears of joy!!
Congratulations to all of you. Can't wait to hear that you are all back safe and sound.
Love you all, Lois (Grandma) Dworkin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is very beautiful. We are very happy for your family and can't wait to meet your new addition. Thank you for sharing your new adventure with us. We have enjoyed all of the reading and pictures.
The Agel's
Ned, Kristine, Sahara and Allison

Anonymous said...

Ying-Ying is absolutely gorgeous! I hope I get to meet her when you return. I'm looking forward to seeing both her and The Pirate (who I dearly miss).

Love to you all,
Gra-Gra

Monica said...

Congratulations to all of you! She is beautiful and very fortunate to have such a wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

These pictures have brought tears to my eyes, and my filled my heart with such joy! Congratulations, you have such a beautiful family!

Becky said...

Wow! Delaney is the cutest thing ever! I, of course, clicked on every picture so that I could enlarge it and check out all the detail. Can I tell you I would love to steal her eyelashes!!! Zooming on the picture where she has the cup with straw, I am amazed at the length of those gorgeous eyelashes! What cute mouth too!! So, I have been checking your blog almost every hour on the hour, even though I know it is in the middle of the night over there when I get home from work, but can you figure out how to do a live feed or something so that those of us anxiously waiting for every little update can get our fix?!?!?!? She has an impish look about her, that may prove she is going to be a little spunky!!!! Can't wait to read the next update!