Monday, June 23, 2008

Medical Check Up








We had a nice dinner last night on Shaimen Island at a restaurant called the Station. We went with the other two families that have been here for a while. I had pasta and shared it with The Mermaid. She had some of Daddy's sweet and sour pork. She is a good eater!We got up and had the breakfast buffet at the hotel. Compared to the other hotel, I was in food heaven! French toast, cereal, sausage, pastries, you name...that had it! The Mermaid was extremely good. She likes sitting in a high chair and loves the stroller!!! I really never thought she would.We had some time before we had to leave. So we checked out the hotel and came back to the room. Well, little miss Mermaid decide to lock herself in the bathroom!!!! Well, I kept knocking on the door while Daddy tried to pick the lock. There is a window to look in the bathroom....she was standing there laughing!!! We got her out....We made it to her medical appointment. She weighs 14 kilograms and is 97 centimeters tall. Everything checked out. However, the Doctor believes she will need more surgery on her hand. Both Daddy and I agree. We went with one of the other families this morning, his name is Jack. Both the kids checked out. We stopped at 7 Eleven to pick up some drinks and came back to the hotel to take a nap and COOL OFF!!! Temperature and humidity wise...much worse here in Guangzhou than in Florida!!!!


7 comments:

tricia said...

I can't stop staring at that close up of her in the stroller. Stunning!

Monica said...

What a brave little girl!

Jeff and Amy said...

Sounds like things are going great, she is just adorable. Brought back memories, that was the same doctor who examined our sweet Lily almost 10 months ago!!!

tricia said...

We had the same doctor too. Maia was screaming the whole time though. Ying Ying is so amazing how she's taking this all in stride. I know you are hot and tired and you want to come home...it won't be long now!By the way, I calculated her weight and height...she's about 30 lbs. and 38 inches. Can you say peanut?

Anonymous said...

Hooray for medical clearance! I'm glad she's doing well. A stroller? That's good - it will help keep her contained :) I'm glad she likes it. It will help in the airports too!

I'm glad the breakfasts are more what you are used to!
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Wow! She looks so well behaved in the Dr's office! She even stepped on the scale--what a good girl! Ted, I'm giving you permission to not have to return to work--this website is far more exciting! I also saw the Vera Bradley Daisy pattern on the other stroller...does Ying Ying need one? Anna and I would be happy to buy her, her first Vera Bradley!

Becky said...

I second Tricia, that picture is gorgeous! Yeah, one more thing down before you are cleared to go home! Am I allowed to laugh at your expense about the bathroom incident? I hope so, because I did! ;) And the topper is how you could see her through the window!