Sunday, June 22, 2008

Travel Day

eating her first piece of Pizza Hut pizza

first plane ride


asleep on the plane


birthday cake with Karena, our guide


We left Shi Jiaz Huang this morning for Guangzhou. It was the Mermaid's first plane ride and she was very excited. She did a pretty good job onthe plane and then fell asleep. We found out today she does not like beef...as that was served for lunch on the plane...and she spit it out!That is the only thing I can say she does not like...so far!

We spent an hour driving to the Holiday Inn Shifu and checked in. This is a very nice hotel. We feel like we have died and gone to heaven compared to where we have been the last few days. We needed to do laundry because we have no clean clothes left. So, we organized that for pick up. Then we went to get a drink and in walks Mary with a birthday cake for me!! I let the Mermaid blow out the candle and we ate. It was very good and sweet. The Mermaid ate all the fruit on it! We met up with the other two families and walked to Shaimen Island and had dinner. TheMermaid and I had pasta...it was pretty good for being in China!It is very humid here and we are very tired from all our traveling today.The Mermaid fell asleep before her bedtime!!! I have not downloaded the pictures from today as we just did not have time. I will send pictures as soon as we can.I am glad we are in Guangzhou now. It means we are preparing to come home. The Mermaid has her medical exam tomorrow. After that, we have plans to do some shopping. Did you hear that Pirate? I think I might be shopping tomorrow...I better get a good report from your Aunt Staci!!!!Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes. It was a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good flight and the mermaid fell asleep on it! There's hope for the long flights home! I hope your Chinese b-day cake was good. Maybe this was the mermaid's first one??? I'm glad you were able to share your b-day with her.
Kerri

Anonymous said...

I think it is really great that she was with you on your birthday. That is a present you will never forget. I think she is just to cute. Every picture just gets cutier and cutier. Sounds and looks like everything is going great. The mermaid was ready for her family to come and pick her up and take her home.

Love, Anna

Becky said...

Yeah, you made it to Guangzhou! Isn't the pedestrian mall awesome?!?! Have you seen Chicken Man yet? I loved hearing his horn every night! That was so sweet you got a cake! A Birthday you will never forget! How do you like that smell at the entrance of the hotel?!?! It is very unique! I loved the Holiday Inn and we paid next to nothing for a HUGE room, it got me pretty spoiled for all other hotels. I miss those drinking yogurts that they had at the buffet. I guess they wouldn't keep too well in the luggage would they if you brought some home?!?! Don't forget to go get a green bean pie from the McDonald's that is down the street or if you rather, let me know how the purple ones taste! Probably as good as the green ones! I can't wait for more pictures!

andrea said...

I love that you have included us in your remarkable journey. Everyone seems so happy and I bet that you can't wait to be back and settled in. We all can't wait to meet the mermaid...safe travels and keep us informed.
Love,
Andrea